INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY TOGETHER WE RIDE 2022: A bike ride for equality, inclusion and positive social change.
International Women’s Day Together We Ride 2022
Saturday, March 5th through Tuesday, March 8th
Use YOUR VOICE with the bike as a medium for equity, unity and change.
Ride for INCLUSION and EQUALITY as we all pedal forward TOGETHER.
What: To celebrate the achievements, persistence and future of women around the world by doing a bike ride in honor of International Women’s Day. Let’s ride together virtually as we strive to promote gender balance in the world, raise awareness against bias and spread the word about this impactful day. International Women’s Day is every year on March 8th.
Dates: Pick the best day/time to ride between Saturday, March 5th through Tuesday, March 8th (note: Tuesday, March 8th is the official International Women’s Day)
Distance: Whatever you want to do, this is completely up to you and your comfort level. Ride 1 mile…10 miles…100 miles…200 miles… or ½ mile…just try to do your personal best!
Who: EVERYONE is invited to the bike party! All ages, all genders, LGBTQ+, non-binary, agender individuals, all religions, all worldviews, all political views, all cultures, all countries…EVERYONE!
Where: Ride from where you are at! Ride indoors, ride outdoors on ANY terrain! Ride your stationary bike that is in your house, your Peloton, your spin classs, around your block! Just Ride!
Type of bike: Any bike works, e-bikes included! There were no unicycles yet for those of you looking for a challenge.
Type of terrain: Any terrain works, BOTH INDOOR AND OUTDOORS; pavement, road, gravel, mountain, single-track, snow…the possibilities are endless! Again, indoors counts too so your stationary bike in your basement counts so does Peloton, Zwift, Saris, Computrainer, Roller to your hearts content! It’s really up to your comfort level!
Details: This is a FREE event. Ride your bike, take some photos and share either via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and/or Strava your adventure to spread your sunshine.
The following 4 sites have been set up to share your adventure, ride summaries and photos, you can also share via our email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not want to share via any of these. We would love to hear from you!
Facebook Public Group: International Women’s Day Together We Ride Bike Ride
Would you like a souvenir of your adventure? Official 2022 Together We Ride Persistence Patch of Honor is available for purchase for $10 (USD) each, plus taxes and shipping. This was designed by Umbrella Works and produced by Falls Creek Outfitters. Purchase via the Together We Ride store here.
Here is the official commemorative 2022 International Women’s Day Together We Ride Persistence Patch of Honor:
How do you get a commemorative roundel/patch? Purchase via the Together We Ride store here. NOTE: If you are interested in sending a personal check, please e-mail email@example.com to get details.
Additional event swag: In addition to the 2022 Official International Women’s Day Together We Ride Persistence Patch of Honor, we also have 5 additional 2022 items for purchase which include a gaiter/sport face mask, event stickers and Participation Patches.
We also have an EMPOWERMENT special which includes 3 items: Official International Women’s Day Together We Ride Persistence Patch of Honor , Together We Ride 2022 gaiter/sport face mask and Together We Ride 2022 event sticker for $30 (USD), plus taxes and shipping. We only have a limited supply of these so don’t wait. Once they are gone, we will not be re-ordering any more.
And word on the street is that the Together We Ride gaiter/face mask can make you faster than a speeding bullet and help you leap tall buildings in a single bound. Here is our 2022 design:
EMPOWERMENT sport face mask for everyday wear! The following words are written on the buff/facemask with the official logo of this year’s event: HOPE, RESPECT, EQUALITY, PERSEVERANCE. This functional piece of gear can be used in 11 ways: scarf, mask, headband, hairband, balaclava, scarf, wristband, ponytail, beanie, hood, do-rag. The possibilities are endless. These are designed for a high level of comfort and protection from the elements, both hot and cold. Specialized ultra soft tech fabric is breathable and provides for moisture management to draw sweat outward to where it can evaporate.
Empowerment Buff/Face Mask: $20 USD plus taxes and shipping. Purchase via the Together We Ride store here.
EMPOWERMENT package which includes buff, patch and event sticker: $30 USD, plus taxes and shipping. Purchase via the Together We Ride store here.
NEW IN 2022 INCLUDES AN OFFICIAL TOGETHER WE RIDE EMPOWERMENT PARTICIPATION STICKER: $3.00, plus taxes and shipping. Purchase via the Together We Ride store here.
ADDITIONAL “NEW IN 2022” ADDITIONS TO TOGETHER WE RIDE
- 2 MEDITATION SESSIONS WITH ADINA CRAWFORD (Instagram deanietheyogini)
- Sunday, March 6th: 6:30 pm CST
- Tuesday, March 8th: 6:30 pm CST
- All participants who attend either of the sessions will be entered in a raffle to win art donated by Maryellen Reedy.
- Zoom information to join here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88189351197?pwd=UGMybTBIZTZDbGs0dXpOTHZNZTQ2QT09
- BIO on ADINA CRAWFORD: Adina Crawford is a certified Yoga Teacher who specializes in teaching Meditation and Mindfulness.She is also a certified Aqua Bootcamp Instructor. She is a mentor, motivator, advocate, and community influencer. Her calling to teach yoga has been about diversity and community, understanding that each person is unique and at a different level and growth. Diversity is the community together. Her specialty in yoga is Vinyasa, Sculpt, and Restorative. She has collaborated and taught at various companies such as Lululemon, Athleta, Oiselle, and many other local and community events. Currently, she is an Ambassador for Trek Bicycles, Black Girls Run, Terry Bikes, Honeystinger and Nuun, Emcee for Girls on the Run DC and REI Co-op Partner. She also serves on the Board of Directors for Black Girls Run Foundation. In 2016 she completed her first Marathon in Chicago and the Boston virtual Marathon in Boston in October 2021, since then has completed numerous half-marathons, triathlons, and cycling events. Her goal is to bring more diversity and awareness to the mat and spread the love of all the benefits of yoga coupled with other activities is beneficial. YOGA IS FOR EVERYBODY
- The 2 pieces of art donated by Maryellen Reedy, Lombard, IL (USA): “I was fortunate to cycle in the first two years of Together We Ride. So I was honored when Dawn Piech invited me to create and donate paintings for the 2022 event. I began by looking at www.internationalwomensday.com and found their 2022 campaign theme #BreakTheBias. I used the Break the Bias pose as hills to represent the challenges faced by women cyclists. Looking at www.inspyrdmovement.org I found that the colors for the Together We Ride patch are purple, blue and pink. I used those colors in the sky and on the cyclist’s kit. I placed the cyclist’s front wheel at the center of the sunrise to celebrate her tackling a new day and new challenges.The sunflower painting is more playful and was inspired by a link on www.inspyrdmovement.org to Sheri Rosenbaum’s blog Sunflowers and Pedals.”
- Additional SWEET Swag possible…a Together We Ride Trucker Hat…stay tuned on this exciting possibility!
- DOWNLOAD OFFICIAL TOGETHER WE RIDE GRAPHICS for your social media, event, celebration, post here.
SAFETY: Please be safe and follow all health and safety guidelines in your respective region/state/country regarding the current pandemic.
Check out the official public Facebook page to see pictures and reports of the 2021 and follow the 2022 event: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2587066751413662/?__cft__%5B0%5D=AZXBv_AbHlGO1qX1-5e_yaSyYMEZqxXiraNG-Mfgib80ee53-EiRqCYa1f9htgkiB6A9jsBawirf50sYh9Q7lPRQWIbbBEKTCz9beU8zJL8c5A&__tn__=H-R
Check out the official Instagram page: #togetherweride1
INDULGE in sunshine and joy.
Let EQUALITY flow.
Real CHANGE comes with combined efforts.
For more information about International Women’s Day: https://www.internationalwomensday.com
What is International Women’s Day: International Women’s Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. It began in 1911 with the goal to campaign for women’s equality. 2022 is the 111th year of this day of equality. The theme of the 2022 International Women’s Day is Break the Bias.
When is International Women’s Day? Every year on March 8th
And big shout out of gratitude to our 2022 sponsors: Falls Creek Outfitters (Falls Creek, Pennsylvania), J&R Cycle (Villa Park, IL) for partnering with us in 2022. Thank you for your support and collaboration in the 2022 event and for lighting our celebration with your presence.
We are always looking for individuals, organizations and businesses that are aligned with our mission to partner with us. Let’s chat!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our NEW website at www.inspyrdmovment.org.
To see our 2022 sponsorship/partner levels, view here.
MEET OUR 2022 SPONSORS
FALLS CREEK OUTFITTERS (Falls Creek, Pennsylvania USA): Falls Creek Oufitters: Based in Falls Creek, Pennsylvania USA. Falls Creek is a small family owned and operated business that specializes in custom embroidery patches, labels, lapel pins and other products to groups, events, businesses, and more. They produced our stunning HIGH quality finishers patches. Attached is a photo of Walter and his wife on their trip to Iceland (pre-COVID). Walter says that when they are not working on projects, they are out enjoying the out-of-doors with their family and furry friends.
J&R CYCLE (Villa Park, IL USA): Based in Villa Park, IL USA. J & R Cycle is a family owned bicycle shop that is dedicated to customer service. “We are starting our 46th year of being in business. We feel like we have never worked a day and we are overwhelming fortunate to have met so many wonderful people and made lasting friendships through J & R Cycle!” Lorna and Bob Pecora.
Question, comments, suggestions
or interested in dialoguing with our team more?
Contact us at email@example.com or visit our NEW website at http://www.inspyrdmovment.org
Inspyrd MovementTM is a non-profit 501c3 organization founded in 2021.
Our mission is to inspire individuals to elevate diversity, equity, and inclusion through the act of movement.
We strive to promote unity by decreasing barriers to movement-based activities and being advocates for positive social change to create a more equal world.